Reputable and effective Technical Recruiter & HR Professional that can be counted on to get the job done. 15+ years full life cycle corporate recruiting & staffing agency experience including the EPC Oil & Gas upstream and midstream industries. Specialized recruiting in the following disciplines: Upstream Offshore Mechanical Engineers, Facilities Engineers, Process Engineers, Civil Engineers, Piping Designers, Naval Architects, Structural Engineers & Designers, Electrical & Instrumentation, Automation Engineers, Package Engineers, Commissioning and Hook-Up Engineers, Pipeline Engineers, Project Directors, Managers & Project Engineers, Construction Managers, QA/QC, Inspectors and HSE for FPSO, TLP, SPAR and Semi-submersible and topsides projects. Midstream positions include all shared services including procurement (logistics, buyers, expediting), HSE, QA/QC, engineering as well as field operations for midstream transportation and logistics. Attended and participated in OTC conference, Topsides, Platforms & Hulls, Subsea Tieback conference and LNG conferences
• Full life cycle recruitment (sourcing, screening, interviewing, manager debriefs, offers of employment) for midstream positions including Shared Services (IT, Legal, Finance, Procurement and HR), Reliability Engineering, Engineering as well as Field Operations, Field Engineering, Project Management, HSSE, Control Centers and Bahamas, St. Lucia and Puerto Rico.
• Meet with hiring managers on a regular basis to determine staffing needs and discuss strategies.
• Work closely with the Recruitment Coordinator to ensure smooth on-boarding with new hires.
• Provide weekly recruiting updates reports to leadership team.
• Manage full life cycle of requisition from beginning to close out.
• Utilize many internet sites for sourcing including, but not limited to linkedin, indeed, hiring solved, monster, careerbuilder, rigzone, oil pro and zip recruiter.
• Engaged in full life cycle hiring activities, including working with assigned managers to support their need for new/replacement of personnel. Positions included were Offshore Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation & Automation Engineers, Technical Safety, Human Factors, Structural (SACS) & Piping (PDMS) Designers, Package Engineers, Riser Engineers, Piping and Commissioning Engineers, Project Managers and Directors for FPSO, TLP, Semi-Submersibles and SPAR projects.
• Collaborate with leadership management team and participate in weekly leadership meetings.
• Identifying candidates through a variety of methods, including employee referrals, internet site searches, networking, social media and management leads.
• In compliance with the hiring procedure, once candidate is selected for hire, complete the necessary steps to enable the offer to be made, the appropriate pre-employment screening to be conducted, and the candidate is ready for on-boarding
• Handled candidates in all matters from interview stage through to on-boarding, answering questions, addressing concerns, benefits review, and facilitating the hire.
• Handled international hires (visa candidates, either within the group globally, or from another organization) with the visa application, mobilization and set up (accommodation and transportation).
• Provide weekly and monthly reports to senior management regarding strategies for recruitment, sourcing leads and staffing reports.
• Handle all recruiting tasks; international hiring, graduate hiring, contracts (for independent consultants, service providers and outside recruiting firms), employee referral program, outside career fairs or trade shows such as college recruiting, OTC, Topsides, Platforms and Hulls conference, Subsea Tie Back conference.
• Handle future initiatives and forecasting for future recruiting needs.
• Handle confidential information such as salary ranges, sign-on bonuses, retention bonuses.
Recruit, screen, interviews, and recommend applicants for hire for all company worksites for Forensic Engineers (EE, ME, CE, SE), Fire Investigators, Vehicle Accident Reconstructionist, Biomedical Engineers, Biomechanical Engineers.
Secures incoming job requisitions from managers and prepare and post employment ads. Also post jobs internally (internal job posting) to notify existing employees of job vacancies.
Use print, Internet, and web-based recruiting tools to find qualified applicants (Linkedin, Req Cloud, Bullhorn, Ineed, OilPro). Proactively search resume databases and job boards for available talent.
Participate in on-campus recruiting efforts or job fairs and travel to branch offices for recruiting assistance.
Create interview agendas and serves as liaison during interviews and employee orientations.
Performs applicant background checks—including criminal, education, professional licensure, and reference checks prior to hire. Prepare written job offer and rejection letters.
Regularly consults with hiring managers to ensure their staffing needs are being met.
In charge of pre-employment drug testing and securing test results to ensure eligibility for hire.
Coordinates relocation services with new hires who must relocate to accept employment and with existing employees who transfer to other district offices (internal transfers).
Prepare monthly status reports on open job vacancies and filled jobs.
Maintain and inputs data into the Applicant Tracking Module of the company’s HRIS System.
Oversee applicant tracking and Affirmative Action recordkeeping.
Provide non-recruiting HR support on special projects.
Dedicated to providing complete HR support to assigned Shared Services Business Unit clients. Act as the main point of contact for employees and managers in the assigned business segment.
Employee Relations – Responsible for investigations, counseling, disciplinary action plans, performance improvement plans, progressive discipline and or termination – RIF.
Work closely with Legal Department to resolve employee related legal issues.
Work alongside segment management team providing day-to-day HR solutions and collaborating on strategic HR issues.
Interpret policies, processes and procedures.
In addition to HR-BP responsibilities for Business Unit also following HR Operations responsibilities:
Work with the HRIS team as the HR functional representative on HRIS initiatives/projects
Work alongside the HR Director acting as a HR liaison/focal point between Houston and global offices including HQ in Paris.
Represent the HR function on Business Excellence initiatives (People Reviews for Succession Planning, Job Referential ID’s, Skill Codes etc.).
Handle HR special projects as assigned.
Serve as first point of contact on Human Resource related issues by providing counsel and accurate HR information to employees and BU managers.
Assist Senior Management by providing day-to-day solutions and collaborating in strategic planning, workforce planning, talent development, and diversity inclusion.
Assist employees, supervisors and managers in various human relations issues from intake of the issue through resolution.
Partner with Senior Management in identifying potential risks or gaps within the business unit related to improving work relationships, building morale and increasing productivity and employee retention.
Assist with yearly performance evaluations, pay and bonus compensation.
• Provide professional level HR support for a variety of programs and initiatives.
• Sole Recruiter responsible for the entire recruiting full life cycle (sourcing, presentation, selection, offer, negotiation, closing and administrative components) for all open positions including all engineering and design disciplines (Structural, Electrical/ Instrumentation, Mechanical, Process, Technical Safety, QA/ QC, HSSE, Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Expediting, Commissioning and Piping Engineers, Project Managers, Leadership Management positions including: Department Manager of F&A and Department Manager of HSE and all corporate overhead positions for topsides engineering positions Topsides, FPSO, SPAR and TLP projects.
• Created and implemented full life-cycle recruitment process for OGA from cradle to grave (prior to me coming on board, there was not a recruiting process in place). Delivered high quality candidates and advanced the company brand locally and across professional communities for offshore/ topside positions.
• Developed strong partnerships and trust with the leadership team and hiring managers of AMEC Oil and Gas, Inc.
• Partner with hiring managers to develop staffing forecasts, priorities and ongoing creative and cost-effective sourcing plans and related budgets to source and identify top quality candidates/ employees. Collaborate with hiring managers to define the requirements and responsibilities of open positions to create creative and quality job descriptions.
• Attend weekly management meetings with operations groups including Directors of Engineering and Project management departments; including engineering department managers and project managers with regards to all open positions and provide updates accordingly.
• Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans.
• Conduct and document post- interview debrief with hiring managers.
• Extend offers of employment to selected candidates within the guidelines of compensation and hiring policies.
• Maintain accurate and well-ordered documentation on all candidates, searches, hiring manager's interactions, applicant flow and other recruiting activities.
• Developed relationships with Universities for recruiting career fairs.
• Implemented new employee referral program portal.
• Worked closely with AMEC's Global Recruitment Team and Natural Resources Americas Recruitment Team to integrate processes, manager training across the AMEC platform.
Recruiters can earn a spot on the directory with 200+ followers on Oilpro, earning them increased exposure to relevant job seekers.
Oilpro Moderator Achievement
This privilege is awarded to select members who have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to the industry. Additionally, Oilpro moderators will have proven track records of dedicated and responsible engagement in Oilpro's sharing forums.
Moderators are granted specific controls for managing submissions and comments on Oilpro. They can remove or edit content when inappropriate, flag member accounts for review by staff, and message any member regarding submissions. They help Oilpro forums stay clean, relevant, and up-to-date.
The following areas of Oilpro (including comment sections) can be updated by moderators:
Oilpro is the professional network built for the oil and gas industry.
Connect with colleagues, keep up with industry trends, and discover how Oilpro can increase your industry
influence. Learn more and join us today.