• Lead a team of four planners in Houston and Aberdeen
• Deepwater Blowout Preventers and Riser Systems schedule development and assessment
• Create and maintain project schedules that support and align with manufacturing and project requirements
• Responsible for the weekly schedule updates and reports
• Contact person for adding and deactivating resources and timesheet changes
• Lead projects status, resource capacity, risks and probability meeting
Garco Energy Refinery Turnaround
• Prepared level III EPCM project plan and schedule using P6 for Garco Energy Refinery Turnaround
• Planned, developed and maintained several schedules of identified activities in a logic based schedule program while supervising 3 lower-level Project Controls schedulers using Primavera P6
• Integrated the constraints of the client, schedules and coordinated all the Drawing and Construction packages while establishing the interfaces with all the internal and external contributors using the Critical Path Method
• Determined and analyzed critical path activities for identification of potential delay impacts
• Loaded and monitored various activities Revamps, shutdown, Turnaround (FEED- Detail EPC)
• Informed the Project Manager and the Project Team as soon as possible of any significant drifts or variation in the schedule
• Collected, updated and consolidated the physical progress follow-up for the project.
• Proposed and coordinated the corrective actions for reducing risks of delay, maintaining floats and improving time control
• Provided support in the area to project Sub System Managers and Work Package Owners
Project Budget: Over $857 Million Garco Energy.
Valero Refinery Turnaround (CHFU and DCU)
• Coordinated multiple contractors to perform job tasks in a safe, productive and timely manner
• Built job packages putting together the plan to execute job task and added to the schedule
• Assured work packages were completed and quality control performed
• Built the Equipment / Asset Networks that included all the activities to be performed on a specific piece of equipment, i.e., maintenance, operations and support activities, e.g., scaffolding, safety, etc.
• Addenda Coordinator/ Planner: Duties include Planning/Estimating added scope to the schedule, responsible for the budget, tracking the added scope for the T/A, building the work packages.
• Responsible for developing the FEED schedule for the Chevron-Rosebank FPSO and its subsequent progress monitoring.
• Responsible for progress monitoring and generating reports for topsides, hull and marine, turret and subsea systems.
• Developed a proposal schedule of a 2 X 1 Combined Cycle power plant for Duke Energy at Cayuga, IN
• Attended progress meetings with design Engineers, Construction, Procurement and Estimation managers
• Supported the Turnaround team deployed at Deer Park, TX for Shell.
• Developed a template for a 600MW Combined Cycle Power plant design, procurement and construction, startup and test phases
• Provided engineering planning and scheduling support. Created, tracked, scheduled and reviewed schedules per customers’ requirements and traceability to the Integrated Master Plan/Schedule (IMP/IMS) and WBS standard
• Tracked and measured the progress for the Engineering work being performed
• Tracked baselines, performed what-if analysis, developed contingency plans, and incorporated PERT estimates into the schedule
• Proactively estimated and created the resource loaded baseline schedule for Engineering
• Interacted with engineering disciplines weekly to resolve the open items
• Developed and maintained the deliverable reports to the internal as well as external customers
• Created and implemented Schedule Change Proposal and BCP’s for change management
• Developed and prepared weekly and monthly project progress summary reports
• Ensured scheduling and cost control standards while maintaining liaison with project management, client, contractor, and other consultants on all project controls related activities
• Updated project schedules on a daily basis
• Worked with all schedulers for design consultants, construction management consultants, contractors, and program management
• Attended progress meetings with design consultants, construction managers, and contractors to review and approve baseline schedules, and attended other scheduled meetings as necessary to stay current on schedules
• Developed, managed, updated and monitored individual project schedules and integrated overall master program schedule in conjunction with project team members using Primavera P6 or MS Project 2007.
Oilpro is the professional network built for the oil and gas industry.
Connect with colleagues, keep up with industry trends, and discover how Oilpro can increase your industry
influence. Learn more and join us today.